Fire broke out early this morning at Gloucester’s iconic Beacon Marine Basin. Everyone escaped unharmed. Sending love and prayers to our friends David and Bob, and to all who call the building home. We’re hoping so much the Beacon Marine can be restored and rebuilt.
So very sorry to read this and hoping so much to see Howie rebuild
ESSEX (CBS) – A fire that tore through a popular seafood restaurant in Essex, just hours after a busy day of takeout orders, was caused by a gas heater left running overnight, investigators said.
Flames broke out in the kitchen at Essex Seafood on Eastern Avenue around 11 p.m. Sunday. No one was hurt, but it took firefighters about an hour to get the fire under control.
“The fire originated over the counter area where there was a 15-20 year old ceiling mounted gas heater. The heater had been left running overnight after the restaurant closed,” the State Fire Marshal’s Office said in a statement Monday.
Damaged is estimated at $250,000. The building inspector said it is “probably a total loss.”